To enrol, you should fill out the enrollment form.
Please remind that you should send us a copy of your valid passport through email.
After having sent the enrollment form, you will receive the invoice where we will indicate all the services you have asked for (course, accommodation, medical insurance, etc.).
No, our school does not charge any enrollment fee.
After having sent your enrollment form, you should accept the invoice and pay the deposit of 100€. This amount will be deducted from the total amount of the invoice.
Payment should be done before starting your course through wire transfer/Paypal (all expenses and commissions are beard by the student) or in cash or with credit card on your first day of class.
Your enrollment for our courses will be confirmed once you have paid for the deposit or the total amount of the invoice. The Colegio de España will send all information to the student in a maximum of 48 hours (working days).
The payment of the deposit should be done within ten natural days after having received the confirmation. The rest of the invoice can be paid for before arrival or on your first day of course.
Students living inside the European Union can get the European Health Insurance Card in their home country before travelling to Spain. This card can be used to get medical assistance in any public medical centre in case you need so.
If you do not live inside the European Union, you should get a Medical or Travel Insurance in your home country.
In case you would not have any insurance, the Colegio de España can offer you a Student Medical Insurance (see coverage here). This insurance should be taken before arrival to Spain.
To obtain your visa, you should present a certificate given by the school which confirms your enrollment for the courses and will have the following information: confirmation of payment, start and end date of your course, accommodation, etc.
The certificate will be sent by email, fax or post, if so wanted.
If you need any information on your visa or you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
- If you have only paid for the deposit (100€) and you cancel your course and/or accommodation at least 20 days before arrival, the Colegio will refund 50% of the deposit.
- If you have paid for the total amount of the invoice and you cancel your course and other additional services (accommodation, transfer, etc.) at least 20 days before arrival, the Colegio will refund 50% of the deposit and 100% of the rest of the invoice paid for.
- If you only cancel your accommodation at least 20 days before arrival, we will refund 100% of the amount paid for (except for the placement charge).
- If you cancel any of the services /course, accommodation, etc.) less than 20 days before arrival, the Colegio will refund the full amount paid for, discounting the 100 euros deposit.
- Once your course has started, you will not be entitled to any refund.
*Important: all bank expenses generated by the refund should be beard by the student.
- If your visa is denied after having sent the payment, the Colegio will refund you the total amount paid for, discounting the bank expenses. To be able to request a refund, you should send us a proof of denial.
- If you would have to return home before the end of your course (due to a serious and justified reason, emergency, illness of a next of kin, etc.) the Colegio will give a Certificate to finish the days of the course left. This certificate will be valid for one year (accommodation will not be included).
You can start your course any Monday. The Colegio recommends A1 level students (Beginners) to start class during the first week of each course.
Our school has does not have a minimum nor maximum age to participate in our course, nevertheless, the recommended minimum age is 8 years.
The price of the course includes class material (notebook and pen), welcome gift, all extra-curricular activities free of charge which take place during your stay and an Attendance Certificate at the end of the course.
On your first day of class, at 8.45 a.m. you will take a placement test to determine your level of Spanish (included within the course sessions). Or if you prefer, you can take our placement test online.
Yes. To change to another level, you should contact your teacher or the Head of Studies.
The classes at our school have reduced groups. The average number of students per class is 7-8, the maximum number is 12.
Our school receives students of all age groups and nationalities.
Yes. To extend your course, please inform the Administration of the Colegio.
If you have a long-duration course and you wish to extend your course, you should inform at least a month before the end date of your course, and that way, we can apply the discounts offered by the Colegio.
The duration of your course can be extended, but cannot be shortened, without a properly justified cause (emergency, illness of next of kin, etc).
From the Administration of the Colegio, we will send you a document with all Useful information before arrival, where you can also find the contact phone numbers in case of emergency.
If you return to the Colegio for the second time, you will receive a 5% discount for your new course, and if you bring us a friend to take a course at the Colegio, he/she will receive the same discount.
You can arrive and leave the accommodation any day of the week, including weekends, until 10.30p.m. for host families and flats.
On the invoice we will send you, you will find all necessary information for your accommodation (address, contact person, etc.).
When you arrive to your accommodation, the host family or landlord/landlady will give you the keys, which should be returned upon departure.
Yes. The Colegio offers you the possibility to change your accommodation to another similar one (without any extra cost) if you would not be satisfied for any reason. In this case, please inform the Administration of the Colegio as soon as possible.
Yes. If you wish to extend your stay, please inform the Administration of the Colegio as soon as possible to ensure the availability.
Live a unique experience in a marvelous city
How to get to Salamanca
If you have any doubts on how to get to Salamanca, don’t worry, it is quite easy.
If you are already in Madrid or you do not want to travel by bus, you can take the following option:
How do I reach the Chamartín Train Station?
If you are at Madrid Airport and you wish to go to Chamartín Train Station, you have the following options:
- By taxi: this service costs around 30 euros (depending on the traffic, supplements, etc.) and works 24 hours a day.
- Suburban Train: a modern train suburban line connects Terminal 4 with several key points in Madrid: Chamartín, Nuevos Ministerios, Atocha and Príncipe Pío. For more information, consult this link.
- By metro: from the airport you can take Line 8 which connects all airport terminals with Nuevos Ministerios Station in the centre of Madrid. For more information, consult en el centro de Madrid. Para más información consulta en www.metromadrid.es.
Our school offers the possibility to make reservations for a private pick-up service from the airport to your lodging in Salamanca. If you choose to take this service, a representative from our school will be waiting for you at the terminal exit holding a sign with your name.
The information on the driver (name and contact number) will be sent to you before leaving for Spain.
If you wish to take this service, ask more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get to know Salamanca
Salamanca is part of the autonomous community of Castile and León and is situated in Western Spain, at about 200 kilometres from Madrid and 100 from Portugal.
In 1988, our city was declared WORLD HERITAGE CITY by the UNESCO and in 2002, Salamanca was chosen to be the European City of Culture. Strolling along its streets, discover its monuments (Cathedrals, San Esteban Convent, University, Palace of Monterrey, Clerecía Church or its famous Plaza Mayor) and discover its enchanting corners (Garden of Calixto and Melibea, “Casa de las Muertes”, the Cave of Salamanca, etc.) will be a once in a lifetime experience.
Salamanca has approximately 150,000 inhabitants, many of those, students which convert the city into a young, dynamic and attractive city both for its security and its diversity.
In Salamanca culture and leisure will be guaranteed. You will be able to enjoy a wide cultural offer throughout the whole year (fairs, concerts, performances, etc.) and its active and famous night life.