Our activities have been designed to convert your stay in Salamanca into a unique experience. You will make the most of your time, have fun with your friends and interact with Spaniards while learning more on the Spanish life and culture.
On your first day of class, we will inform you on the monthly program of activities, as well as detailed information on the cultural agenda offered by the city of Salamanca (theatre, movies, concerts, conferences, festivals, etc.).
During all activities you will be accompanied by teachers or monitors and during trips or tours, by Art History teachers or official tourist guides.
Sport is an activity which favors socialization and encourages solidarity between persons. Enjoy the health benefits of practicing sport during our activities.
In our leisure program, you can find dance sessions (salsa, flamenco, bachata, tango, etc.), sport and leisure activities (football, basketball, tennis, golf, cycling, horseback riding, swimming, canoeing, trekking, etc.) and a lot more.
Apart from the sport activities we offer you, we will give you information on all facilities (gyms, sports building, swimming pools, etc.), discounts and other activities programmed in the city (runs, football games, camping, etc.) to get fit and make new friends.
Guided Tours in Salamanca
During the guided tours you will get to know the wide historical-artistic heritage of Salamanca, concentrated inside its medieval city wall, the history of its monuments and the legends of its enchanting corners while passing through the old quarter of the city.
In 1988 Salamanca was declared World Heritage City and ten years later, European Capital of Culture (2002).
Throughout the whole year, at least once a week, our school organizes guided tours of the city in Spanish or English depending on the level of the students.
On occasion, a general itinerary (free of charge) throughout the monumental area is taken, while in other cases, the visits will focus on a certain monument (Cathedrals, San Esteban Convent, University of Salamanca, Monastery of Santa Clara, etc.) or a certain museum (Casa Lis Museum, Salamanca Motor Museum, Bullfighting Museum, House-Museum of Unamuno, etc.).
The city of Salamanca has a strategic geographical location, which allows us to organize trips to the rest of Spain and other countries, like Portugal.
Every month our school organizes trips to wonderful cities with a great cultural interest (during weekends or on days without class).
During our trips you will learn a lot, not only on the historical-artistic aspects, but also on all related to the landscape, geography, customs and traditions (festivities, legends, gastronomy, etc.).
What do the trips include?
The trips organized by our school include transport in private bus, entrance fees to the monuments we visit and the services of an Art History teacher or official guide. Also, before the trip, we will give you a complete program with the itinerary so you can get familiar with the places we will visit before taking the trip.
For the longer trips, we also include the stay at a hotel (bed and breakfast).
- Segovia: declared World Heritage City in 1985, the city is internationally known for its magnificent Roman Aqueduct (built in 1st C.), its Old Quarter and for its Palace (Alcazar).
- Burgos: founded in 884, known for its majestic Cathedral (13th C.) and its Old Quarter.
- Astorga-León: both cities have Roman origin, a compulsory stop for the pilgrims taking the French Pilgrim Route to Santiago de Compostela. Over more, both have a rich artistic heritage (works of Antonio Gaudí, Royal Basilica of San Isidoro, Cathedral of León, etc.).
- La Alberca-Sierra de Francia: mountains in the south of the Salamanca province where you can visit picturesque villages such as La Alberca, National Historical and Artistic Monument since 1940, villages that have preserved interesting traditions.
- El Escorial-Madrid-Toledo: visit to the Royal Monastery of San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Madrid of the Austrias, Prado and Reina Sofía Museums, panoramic view of Toledo, Santo Tomé Cathedral and Church («Entierro del Señor de Orgaz» by El Greco).
- Galicia-Santiago de Compostela: Astorga (Bishops’s Palace of Antonio Gaudí), Ponferrada (Templars Castle), Lugo (Roman Walls), Santiago de Compostela (Old Quarter, Cathedral and Pilgrim’s mass), Villafranca del Bierzo and León (Gothic Cathedral, 13th C. and Old Quarter).
- Portugal: Coimbra, Óbidos, Lisbon (panoramic view of the city, Monastery of Jerónimos, Belem Tower), Sintra (Palace of Pena), Estoril y Cascais (beach) and Shrine of our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima.
Five-day trip to Andalusia
- Andalusía: Cáceres (Old Quarter), Sevilla (stroll along the riverside: Triana, La Maestranza, Torre del Oro, Old Quarter: Cathedral-Giralda, Santa Cruz Quarter, Reales Alcázares, Plaza de España and Mª Luis Park), Córdoba (Mosk-Cathedral and Jewish Quarter), Granada (Alhambra y Generalife).
- Valencia: Plaza de la Virgen, Basílica de los Desamparados, climb of the Torre del Miguelete, Lonja de la Seda and Plaza Redonda, Central Market of Valencia, Torres de Serranos y de Quart, Palace of Marqués de Dos Aguas– National Pottery and Sumptuary Arts González Martí, Market of Colón and Estación del Norte, the Turia Gardens and the Fallas Museum, the Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias and Malvarrosa beach.
- Basque Country: Bilbao: (walk through the historic quarter- Las Siete Calles, Ría and bridges of Bilbao, Guggenheim Museum, walk through the Classic Bilbao, Mercado de la Ribera, Museo de Bellas Artes, Lookout point of Artxanda); San Sebastián: (Bay of la Concha, Miramar Palace, the Wind Comb, Old Quarter and the Port, Kurssal Exhibition Centre); Guernica: (Park of the Peoples of Europe, House of Assembly, Tree of Guernica); Bermeo and San Juan de Gaztelugatxe.
Apart from the above mentioned trips, which are the most commons ones, we also offer trips to other places (visits to Santiago Bernabéu Football Stadium, to Parque Warner in Madrid, etc.) depending on the interest of the students or the celebration of some important event.
Among the programmed activities, we also offer the following:
Culinary parties and activities
- Welcome/Farewell parties
- Dinners at wine cellar in the area
- Tapas tour
- Tasting of typical products of Salamanca
- Wine tasting
- Cooking class
- Conferences and speeches (traditions, painters, commemorations, etc.)
- Movie cycles
- Traditional singing classes
- Theatre classes
- Handicraft class
- Linguistic interchanges